| How to apply:
Positions in the global health track per year will generally be:
- UPMC McKeesport up to two position/year, however, number varies depending on applicants
- UPMC Shadyside up to two position/year
- UPMC St. Margaret up to two position/year
Applicants who are interested in the Global Health Track should provide a brief (one to two paragraphs) statement of their career goals, reason for wanting to enter the track, and past experiences to the program director, and global health track director after the NRMP match is finalized.
The Global Health academic committee, which includes the integrated Family Medicine program director and family medicine faculty members from each family medicine residency site within UPMC, will then review applicants and select those who will participate in the track.
Criteria considered in selection are:
- Career goals
- Prior experience demonstrating competency in cross cultural medical care
- Academic performance which demonstrates ability to handle the demands of the global health track in addition to the family medicine core requirements